LIGHTEST - "Advanced Materials and Technologies for Light-Weight Applications" is a research and engineering center specializing in the development of light-weight applications using Magnesium, Aluminum-Lithium lightweight alloys and composite materials. Headquartered in Bulgaria, Lightest serves Aerospace, Automotive and General industries worldwide.
Through a partnership with SMW Engineering, we offer state-of-the-art engineering and manufacturing facilities for semi-finished and finished forgings, as well as extruded or sand cast components. Extensive research and development activities are continuously underway for the aviation industry, particularly with developing new proprietary Al-Li and Al-Mg-Sc alloys and with powder metallurgy.
Since 2007, Lightest has been a R&D partner of Chemetall GmbH and uses Chemetall's laboratory facilities in Frankfurt/Main for the development of advanced surface treatment technologies. Among our industrial and research partners are EADS IW (Germany), Airbus, Adhesion Institute (The Netherlands) , ALSTOM (France), VIAM (Russia), SIRRIS (Belgium), Palbam-Alonim AMTS (Israel), DSM (Israel) and many others.
Our expertise in process development, design, metal forming and surface protection of lightweight alloys meets and exceeds the needs and expectations of our clients and has earned Lightest a place as an important and trusted partner in several international innovative project development studies, mostly in the Aeronautics and Surface Transportation Industries.
Wherever weight, high-strength, and environment issues are critical, we are well-prepared to develop a creative, value-added solution, using state-of-the-art methods and technology.
Our engineering and R&D capabilities include:
• Surface treatment laboratory
• Mathematical modeling with CATIA, MORFEO, and DEFORM-3D forging simulation
• Automotive applications manufactured from Mg and Al-Li alloys: forged and sheet-formed components
• Advanced surface treatment technologies for lightweight metals (in cooperation with Chemetall)
• Mg alloys, Al alloys, Ti alloys - billets of various sizes
• Sheets, plates, rods, strips and profiles from Al alloys, Mg alloys, Ti alloys and other alloys
• Precise machining
• Net shape forging presses: 1250; 5000; 10,000; 15,000 and 30,000 tons
• Bending of sheets, profiles and tubes
• Advanced joining