LIGHTEST - Lightest Components is a research and engineering center specializing in the development of lightweight applications using magnesium, aluminum-lithium lightweight alloys and composite materials. Headquartered in Bulgaria, Lightest Components serves aerospace, automotive and general industries worldwide.
Through a partnership with SMW Engineering, we offer state-of-the-art engineering and manufacturing facilities for semi-finished and finished forgings, as well as extruded or sand cast components. Extensive research and development activities are continuously underway for the aviation industry, particularly the development of new proprietary Al-Li and Al-Mg-Sc alloys and ongoing work in powder metallurgy. We have participated in “MagForming”, “Aeromag”, “PowderBond” and “AeroFML” international research projects, mostly funded by the European Commission, in partnership with such end users as Airbus, Boeing, Jaguar Land Rover, EADS, Thales, Fraunhofer and others. Lightest Components and its subsidiaries hold a number of patents related to high-performance alloys and fabrication processes, and we continually work to develop and patent fresh hi-tech solutions.
Lightest Components expertise in process development, design, metal forming and surface protection of lightweight alloys meets and exceeds the needs and expectations of our clients, among which are such famous brands as BBS, Airbus and MFR.
Wherever weight, high-strength, and environmental issues are critical, we are well prepared to develop a creative, value-added solution, using state-of-the-art methods and technology.
Our engineering and R&D capabilities include:
• Surface treatment laboratory
• Mathematical modeling with CATIA, MORFEO, and DEFORM-3D forging simulation
• Automotive applications manufactured from Mg and Al-Li alloys (forged and sheet-formed components)
• Advanced surface treatment technologies for lightweight metals (in cooperation with Chemetall)
• Mg alloys, Al alloys, Al-LI alloys, Ti alloys (billets of various sizes)
• Sheets, plates, rods, strips and profiles from Al alloys, Mg alloys, Ti alloys and other alloys
• Precise machining
• Net shape forging presses: 1250; 5000; 10,000; 15,000 and 30,000 tons
• Bending of sheets, profiles and tubes
• Advanced joining